Friday, July 22, 2005

London

Memo to Al-Qaeda - assuming that's who's been trying very hard to kill me during the recent days/weeks.

I live in Turnpike Lane - before 7/7/2005 I took thr Piccadilly Line into central London from my humble abode; up until today I took the 29 bus plus Victoria and Northern lines; tomorrow, assuming the tube isn';t running I'll take the 341 and 29 buses...

If you wanna have another go - try all you like - call it third time lucky !

You'll find London in 2005 isn't New York in 2001 - Londoners won't run around firebombing Mosques or chanting 'UK, UK UK'; our government won't declare war wholesale on the Middle East...to be honest we've had terrorism before. During the 1940s it was the Nazi blitz and later, during the 1970s, it was the IRA (yes, I know funded significantly by our shoulder-to-shoulder friends across the pond). So fanatics peddling a political message in blood is nothing new here, we're not impressed.

Yes I know we sold/gave you all those weapons when you were fighting the Soviets in Afghanistan - but we all make mistakes. Over 2 million people rallied in Hyde Park against the Iraq war - some of those people may well have been caught up in the events of 7/7 or today. The atrocity in Spain did not in itself change the election result - the Spanish government's inepitude in pre-maturely blaming ETA did that.

So do me and us a favour - piss offf - you're strategy won't work. By the way what is your aim; UK withdrawal from Iraq ? I was an opponent of the original illegal invasion but the imposition of a theocratic Islamic state against the democratic will of the Iraqi people I cannot tolerate. To split Islamic Britons from British society ? I hope to God (whichever) you do not and cannot succeed...

I for one will be catching the tube as soon as it bloody well works properly - which it wasn't before by the way...

I look forward to your reply - specifically I'm looking for an example in which killing/threatening the lives of innocent people has worked in the past in promoting a political message...Ican't think of any - least of all against what I believe to be the greatest city in the World...

Spindoctor is back in business.

1 Comments:

Blogger FB said...

Great post I find via a Swiss blog in English, Judge Jonathan!

I'm myself a Swiss blogging from London in French at Un swissroll.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home