Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Ipods Should Come with Parachutes

Well it really hasn't been a good week; had my first (and worst) exam yesterday. For the past few weeks people have been constantly asking me, "Tom how do you revise" blah blah blah - now I have an answer.

Sunday - the day before - go into the library bright (well its bright outside, obviously, but the library has an aura of perpetual gloom all its own) and early...sit down and actually feel like I'm getting somewhere. So happily trot off at lunchtime to find the mythical 'good value lunch' in Covent Garden...as I go down the stairs I pull out my Ipod. It slips from my grasp and falls onto the stair, bounces and then, by virtue of Norman Foster's superb open plan design (see LSE Library) falls 3 floors, breaks in two and nearly (some would say this is the greater tragedy) kills someone on lower ground floor)...needless to say this did not put Spindoctor in the best of moods.

So, in answer to the question 'how do I revise', I write off my Ipod before my worst exam and give someone a near death experience...a more interesting question stemming from this is whether £200 a time is too expensive a solution to the overcrowding that has bedevilled LSE of late.

Anyone reading this from Apple...guys, put a parachute on the 5G model !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home