Sunday, September 25, 2005

Wake Me Up Before September Ends

“Wake me up before September Ends”…

Another summer in Bumblefuck passes…tomorrow I head off into the deep blue yonder where only virgin trains fear to tred (well, to Oxford anyway)…yep, I’m finally going to rah land to do an LLM (typically called something poncily different – well this is Oxford)

To be honest, I’m slightly apprehensive (as well as obviously being excited) about my forthcoming year; the other day I got an email from an old friend at LSE (now in Zurich working for a “think tank” – or at least cleaning it out periodically) asking me to let them know my impressions of Oxford from the point of view of someone who’d lived in London for three years ‘because I don’t think I could do it’…

This is essentially the problem…no Covent Garden, no Brick Lane, no Camden Town, no Hampstead Heath…however, I am not (that) scared – the likes of live music in Camden and The Cross (one of the best clubs in town) are only about an hour away by Oxford Tube…

And I am excited…new place, new people, a chance to wake up to something other than police sirens etc – plus apparently Oxford has nice pubs…

If all else fails….

I’m pissing off to Goa in three months…aint life hell !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home