Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Joys of Work

Was very warm in the office the other day; so I enquired of my boss why the airconditioning wasn't switched on.

'Oh we never use it', she replied...

Why ?

'Because it causes a draft'...

Gotta love it - just a shame I'm only there for another week...

Incidentally today took a call from a representative of the devoted followers of Krishna (or something simillar - feel free to correct me) who wanted to book accomodation for 900 and a conference hall for 500...when I politely explained that we only have a hundred rooms at most he then asked how many people we could fit in a single room (er, 1) and whether - as we had no sutiably large conference room - I would let them pitch a tent in the grounds.

Needless to say, booking was declined...although if anyone reading this has a big house and garden, I'll be happy to pass on their details...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home